Thursday, November 15, 2007

6 hours in Marseille (11.15.07)

Our charming French breakfast
On the streets
Palais Longchamp
Plans for upscale McDonald's
Charming Restaurant
French lady and her shopping basket
Ian selecting our lunch
The "Village"
My new jeans
Ian & my new jaunty cap

I say only 6 hours because despite arriving fairly early last night, we didn't actually leave Rick's flat this morning until about noon. It was cold and windy all day as we wandered along the old boulevards and in and out of a few upscale stores down near the marina. By the time we finished lunch and wandered back outside at around 4:15 pm, the wind had turned to a very unpleasant drizzle and we scrapped our plan to take the city bus out to see some of the coastline. We attempted some mall shopping, but even that fizzled out pretty early because of technical (and infantal) difficulties, so we were all back the cozy apartment by 6:00.
*
I am regretting not doing more shopping in Athens since the exchange rate continues to tank and I think Athens prices were better for higher quality clothing. So perhaps I will scrap my plans to try and look like a European while I am here. I did splurge and get my first pair of $100+ jeans after being so impressed with Rick's. He took me to Diesel and I came out much poorer, but hopefully much more bootilicious. I was then told that tomorrow we are going to Nims, which is the birthplace of denim. It was originally used for sailor's uniforms and was produced "du Nims." The other thing I purchased was a jaunty hat, seen above modeled by Mr. Ian.

No comments: